Sunset Sunside Jazz Club
60 Rue des Lombards, 75001 Paris
Capacity : 200 seats
2-3 hours, depending on the evening
Multiple brief intermissions
Recommended for all ages
This legendary locale with an animated atmosphere will have you up on your toes dancing to the sound of live jazz from prestigious professional musicians deriving from different parts of the world. Located in the very center of Paris, Sunset Sunside attracts a multitude of visitors who come for the diversity in music and to discover new talent! You can say this club is a trendy gem desired by all jazz lovers.
Don’t let the outside fool you, Sunset Sunside obtained its name for a particular purpose. Inside there are two floors, on the ground floor you’ll find Sunside devoted to acoustic jazz while Sunset located underground in a cozy cave looking space is dedicated to electric jazz, electro-jazz, and world music. Both places can ach fit up to 100 people and still this is not enough, because the locale can get crowded with people especially during weekends.
The club has welcomed many acclaimed jazz musicians on stage such as Brad Meldhau, Avishai Cohen, Didier Lockwood, Martial Solal, Aldo Romano, and many more. From the blues to electro jazz, Sunset Sunside has a little bit of everything for all the tastes. Opened since 1983, this joint has not lost its touch.
Janury and February Show Programs:
- January 2- Philip Catherine "The mansion of my dreams" (Gipsy Jazz)
- January 3- Géraldine Laurent Quartet (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 4- Magic Malik Jazz Association (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 7- Pierre Yves Plat (Jazz Cover)
- January 8- Acquiviva trio "Winner of the Sunside trophie" (New Talent Jazz)
- January 9- Julie Saury Brazil Quartet (Latin Jazz)
- January 10- Matthieu Chazarenc "Canto" (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 11- Urban Groove Unit "tribute to bill Withers" (Groove Jazz)
- January 14- Or Baraket featuring Charles Altura (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 16- LeeWay (Groove Jazz)
- January 17- Jesse Davis Quartet (Jazz Legend)
- January 21- Marvellous (Soul Funk)
- January 22- Jorge Rossy Vibe trio featuring Billy Hart (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 23- Alexandre Herer Quartet (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 24- Spirabassi featuring Stéphane Spira & Giovanni Mirabassi (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 25- Tribute to Aretha Franklin (Groove Jazz)
- January 28- Petros Kamplanis trio (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 30- : Pierre de Bethmann trio (Contemporary Jazz)
- January 31- Walt Weiskopf Quartet (Jazz Legend)
- February 1- Vincent Herring “Soul Chemistry” at 9 pm
- February 2- Jazz & Taste “Micheal Jackson Party” at 3 & 5 pm
- February 4- Pierre/ Yves Plat at 7:30 pm
- February 6- Nikki and Jules featuring Nicolle Rochelle & Julien Brunetaud at 9 pm
- February 7- Nicolas Folmer & Daniel Humair quartet at 9 pm
- February 9- Jazz & Taste “Miles Davis Party” at 3 and 5 pm
- February 13- Darryl Hall Trio at 9 pm
- February 14- Enrico Rava, Aldo Romano, Baptiste Trotignon, Darryl Hall at 7:30 pm
- February 15- Romain Vuillemin quartet at 9 pm
- February 16- Jazz & Taste “Henri Salvador Party” at 3 & 5 pm
- February 18/19- Fred Nardin Trio featuring Leon Parker & Or Bareket at 9 pm
- February 20- Robin Mansanti, Alain Jean Marie, Jean Bardy “Tribute to Chet Baker” at 9 pm
- February 21- Urban Groove Unit “Homage to Isaac Hayes” at 9 pm
- February 22- Leslie Lewis quartet “Homage to Nina Simone” at 7 pm
- February 22- Khalil Chahine quintet at 9:30 pm
- February 23- Jazz and Taste “New Orleans Mardi Gras Party” at 9:30 pm
- February 25- Hetty Kate at 8:30 pm
- February 26- Carmen Souza “A Tribute to Horace Silver” at 9:30 pm
- February 27- Pierre de Bethmann presents David El Malek at 9:30 pm
- February 28- Rodney Green trio “Jackson Miller” at 9 pm
- February 29- Sarah Lenka “Women’s Legacy” at 7 pm
- February 29- Jessie Lee & The Alchemists at 9 pm
Sunset Sunside Jazz Club
Sought out to be the best jazz joint in Paris where people can unwind and jam to new and classic jazz tunes, Sunset Sunside was inaugurated in 1983 by Michéle and Jean- Marc Portet. Fun fact, this was the very first jazz club to have been established in the very center of Paris in rue des Lombards. Over the years the greatest names in jazz have performed in this locale such as Brad Melhdau, Kurt Elling, Terry Callier, and many others.
For many years, Sunset Sunside has been an international place, not just in terms of guests but also musicians from all over the world arrive to Paris to play their music on stage presenting to all spectators a little taste of different jazz interpretations. This is why Sunset Sunside prides itself in being recognized as “the club with all jazz” considering it consists of a fusion between classical jazz, electro jazz, acoustic jazz, and world jazz. The club is a very intimate place where proximity and interaction go hand in hand, the crowd can expect to hear great acoustic from wherever they’re standing and enjoy the live performance from up close. Taking up two floors, the place offers the ground floor also known as Sunside dedicated to acoustic jazz and the basement where Sunset is located and devoted to electric jazz, jazz magnet, and world music. Open 7 days a week, Sunset Sunside delivers an exceptional performance that varies everyday and promises to blow you away.
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Air conditioning? Yes
How do I get to the venue?
The theater is accessible by the Chatelet metro station lines 1, 4, 7, & 11 with final stop Les Halles. RER A, B, and D towards Chatelet- Les Halles can also be an option. If you plan to reach the venue by bus you can take lines 21, 67, 69, 72,74,76,81, and 85. Our hotline can be reached in case of difficulty finding the theater on weekdays from 10 am to 7pm Paris time. For details, we invite you to consult the map below.
What do I do when I get to the venue?
While the performance begins at the specific time highlighted on your ticket (typically 8 pm or 9:30 pm), feel free to come earlier for a drink at the bar before the music gets started. The club is open daily from 4 pm to 2 am, with a bar on the ground floor and the stage and music upstairs on the first floor.
Is it a show for travellers or French people?
Both! Welcoming artists from all corners of the globe, everyone speaks the universal language of jazz at Sunset Sunside Jazz club, the joint has been welcoming Parisians and travelers alike since 1983!
What's included with my ticket?
Tickets to the evening shows at the Sunset Sunside Jazz Club include entry into the performance room where you can enjoy the tunes all night long. Beverages and snacks are available for purchase at the venue's bar.
How do I know which artists are performing?
Please refer to the nightly calendar available above. As new artists are confirmed on the program for the coming months, this calendar will be updated with all the latest talent!
Does the venue have a specific dress code?
Attire in these family friendly shows tends to be casual, so feel free to dress in comfortable clothing, though we recommend avoiding caps and flip-flops. It is common for Parisians to arrive directly from work, dressed in smart- casual chic attire.