We use this data to improve our products and services. For example:
- If you purchase a ticket on our website, we will use the information you provide us to fulfil both our obligations to you in delivering this service, and, where permitted, keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you
As personal data can be directly or indirectly linked to your identity, contact information or location. We take our responsibility to safeguard your personal data very seriously.
What information do we collect?
Upon purchase with Theatre in Paris, your name, telephone number, email address and data relating to your activities on our website are examples of information that directly or indirectly relates to your identity, contact information or location.
We also collect personal data when you visit and navigate our website. This information may include your IP address, location details, general preferences, settings and system specifications.
We gather personal data when you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, communicate with our customer service or when you leave a comment, review or other information on our website. In addition, you may be asked to grant access to your current location when using the website, which is done to identify and help you localise theatres and shows in your area. Lastly, if you booked our products through a third party (such as another website or reseller), we may also receive your personal data from them.
When you visit our website, information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. These cookies are placed on your device by your web browser.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are removed each time you close your browser. Other cookies are persistent cookies, meaning that they are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period and are not deleted when browser is closed. Cookies that are not removed are sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. This enables us to recognize your computer or mobile device and improve and personalise your interactions and experiences on our website.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies served directly by us to your computer or mobile device
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We may use third party cookies for functionality, performance/analytics, advertising/tracking and social media purposes.
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with our website can be classified into one of the following categories:
- Technical cookies: these cookies are essential in providing you all our website pages and all services available through the website. These cookies also support with features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
- Functional cookies: these cookies record information about choices you have made and allow us to tailor our website to be more relevant to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the website, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided.
- Advertising and Commercial cookies: these cookies are used for tailoring our newsletters to your preferences and personalising online advertisements. Such personalised adverts can also be shown on other websites you visit. This "retargeting" is based on your browsing activities, such as shows you are searching for. Commercial cookies can also help prevent the same advertisement continuously reappearing on different websites to ensure you are only seeing advertisements relevant to you.
By visiting our website, you agree to receive all cookies. However, if you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can withdraw your consent at any time by setting your browser to disable cookies and/or remove all cookies from your browser. However, please note that this may limit your access to certain functions and areas on our platform.
Most browsers offer instructions on how to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links:
- Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/)
- Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/consumers)
All the companies or networks that we work with have their own privacy policies and offer a mechanism for users to opt out of tracking and behavioural targeting.
How do we use your information and Why?
We use your personal data for multiple reasons, in particular:
To ensure overall smooth operations: your personal data helps us to constantly improve our website and mobile applications and enables us to quickly process your transactions.
- Tailoring content: by personalising our website content, we can provide you with relevant products and services suited to your interests and needs.
- Reviews: we collect personal data provided in your reviews, for example, by registering the show you attended and analysing this feedback to evaluate a particular product or service.
- Customer assistance : in order to streamline your communications with our customer service, we use personal data, such as your telephone number, to quickly and securely establish your identity and link directly to your order history, to facilitate followups via phone, email or live chats, or to update you on any exceptional circumstances that are beyond our control and may affect your experience with our products or services, including but not limited to general strikes and threats to your personal safety.
- Marketing purposes: this boils down to semipersonalised communications including but not limited to newsletters and promotions of our products and services on other websites you may visit, including social media websites.
- Overall legal compliance: your personal data also plays a key role in helping us identify and prevent fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities on our platform, to communicate security messages to our customers and comply with relevant applicable laws and regulations.
- Safe payments: we work together with payment service partners, such as Stripe, on all payment transactions. We do not store nor have access to your full credit card details, but we may refer to partial information, such as the last four of digits of your credit card number, for authentication and antifraud purposes.
Who do we share your data with and Why?
We work with a number of third parties and may share your personal data for certain purposes:
Suppliers: we may share your personal data with selected ticket suppliers, mainly theatres. This information is used to complete, confirm or personalize your booking and can include your name, email address and telephone number.
- Business partners: if you book a ticket with us through one of our business partners, it is possible that such business partner receives your personal data, which they can then use for their own purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners. We may also share personal data with our partners to prevent or identify fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities on our platform.
- Ticketing software: we use the service of third parties, such as Regiondo, to manage our ticketing operations, sharing your personal data with them in order to complete your booking and send your tickets.
- Other third parties: we use the services of third parties that collect, monitor and analyse personal data on our behalf, including Google. Such third parties are also used to personalise and distribute marketing materials, including advertisements. We also use third parties such as cloud computing software, which provides the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built, including software to process your payments with which we share your personal data in order to complete financial transactions. All these parties are under the obligation to keep your personal data confidential, and can only use it for the initial purposes set out by us.
- Legal obligations: we may have to disclose your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable laws and regulations.
How long do we retain personal data?
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this Policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information.
Your choices and rights
You have rights over how your personal information is used:
To stop receiving emails from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing emails we send you, or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or keep your location off.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your data.
- You have the right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to correct, amend or update information you have given us.
- You have the right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences. We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
How do we protect personal data?
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. They can be both physical security measures and technical security measures.
Please note that all sensitive information you provide through our website is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Information concerning minors
We are a general audience website and do not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Links to third party websites
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our full company details are:
Theatre in Paris SAS
45 rue de Chabrol